Thursday, November 22, 2012

Italian, Anyone?

For the last 1.5 years, I have not ordered a proper meal at a restaurant.
For the last 1.5 years, I have always stuck to ordering soups or the lowest calorie options when dining out.
For the last 1.5 years, I have dreaded restaurants - all the people and social stress, the overwhelming array of meals and trying to decipher which one is safest to consume.
For the last 1.5 years, I have not been myself when being at a restaurant as my thoughts simply revolved solely around the meal.

All that changed tonight.

I went to dinner being myself for the first time in god knows how long. I met up with two of my best friends at 6 pm at my favorite restaurant in Vienna, which coincidentally, is an Italian restaurant that belongs to my great cousin. The food there is to die for and I had always loved going there; so I thought, why not start there? And so it was.

Looking at the menu, I instantly knew I wanted a pizza. I ordered a pizza funghi and didn't have second thoughts. I knew there'd be a lot of cheese on it and that the pizza would be made from white flour and not whole wheat flour, but did that stop me from eating the whole lot (except for the crust, because I've never been a fan of that)? No. That's right, I ate the entire pizza.

While elegantly dining out and enjoying our food, I did not second guess myself at all. I held normal, everyday conversations with my friends and there was no time for negative thoughts.  It was amazing; the whole experience.

And to finish off this amazing blog post, might I just say that the pizza was delicious and exceeded my expectations. I'm so proud of what I've achieved today.

1 comment:

  1. Es ist gut, wenn Du Dir bewusst wirst, wieviele Freuden Du Dir selbst weggenommen hast. Es geht ja nicht nur um Deine Gesundheit, sondern auch um Deine Lebensfreude und Deine Fähigkeit, etwas mit Deinem Leben anzufangen und Dich nicht ständig selbst zu blockieren. Ich freue mich für Dich! (hast mir ganz schön Appetit gemacht mit der Beschreibung von der Pizza....)

    ReplyDelete