Saturday, November 3, 2012

First Breaths of Fresh Air Since August

Although today is a Saturday, which means that there is no therapy sessions, no doctor's appointments - everything is still, dull and boring pretty much. Additionally, as is common at the station, patients are allowed to have weekend leave and stay at home from Saturday to Sunday. This meant that hardly anyone was here at all during the day.

But that didn't matter to me. Today was extraordinary; it couldn't have gone any better. With the doctor's yesterday, during their daily round, we decided that although it is still too early for me to have a weekend leave, I am allowed to leave the premises in accompaniment with someone else. And today marks that day. That very special day.

Today is the first time since the end of August that I inhaled fresh air. I was able to feel the cool, misty breeze brush gently across my face while I tried to stay hidden from the cold with my eskimo hat and fluffy scarf. What a relief it was to finally be outside again. It feels like a part of me that I haven't had since coming here has returned - now that I am able to go outside without fainting, freezing, or whatever other problem there might occur.

It was only fitting that today's outing would have to be extra special just because. So I went to go see the new James Bond movie Skyfall that aired three days ago here with one of my really close friends. To say it was fabulous and fantastic is an understatement. It was beyond anything I could imagine. It was sublime.

I loved every minute of today and will continue to do so tonight. Thankfully there is two other patients who decided not to take their night leave - even though they could've gone - and we are going to play board games soon. I'm excited for that as well.

Goodnight everyone, I hope you've all had a splendid day; just like me.

6 comments:

  1. welcome back Hannah :) you are on the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I am! Small little baby steps in the right direction definitely add up :)

      Delete
  2. Was heisst, wer ich sein könnte? Ist kein Geheimnis, oder? Brauchst ja nur Deine Mutter zu fragen.
    Hab Deine neuen posts noch nicht gelesen, aber verheissungsvolle Überschriften gesehen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Es faellt mir noch immer sehr schwer, an mich selbst zu glauben und genau festzulegen, wer ich bin. Aber ich arbeite daran und werde das hoffentlich bald aendern :)

      Delete
  3. How proud are we? This proud:
    |_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________|

    ReplyDelete