Monday, December 3, 2012

"Monday Funday"

Normally people dread Mondays as it's the day after the perfect weekend of relaxing and not thinking about one's responsibilities and work. Like Garfield, who hates Mondays with a passion, I generally do too as I always long for the weekend to be drawn-out because it feels so nice to be at home with my mom.

But today was different, today was a good Monday. Everything worked out and was positive even though my mom left to Germany this morning. 

The day started off with amazing news - I gained weight again over the weekend! Which means that all my hard work is paying off. It also showed me that I am capable of gaining weight by myself as well as I spend the majority of my weekend outside of the hospital.

The positivite atmosphere continued all the way through ergotherapy, where I started my next acryllic piece - this time it's for the living room in our new apartment. Ergotherapy is definitely my favorite therapy session as it allows me to be creative and during the therapy, I forget about everything else - not worrying about my body, calories, and food - solely focusing on the task at hand. I eagerly await ergotherapy like a little child waiting for Santa every morning.

In the afternoon, with the help of my grandfather, I managed to accomplish every task that I set out to do - buying my little cousin's birthday present, going to the phone shop as an update didn't install itself, photocopying an article about anancastic personalities that my doctor gave me to read, as well as a quick layover at home to pick up my laundry. It was very productive to say the least, but I didn't stress myself, which is something that I've been working on as I have always been easily stressed and overwhelmed by certain situations.

Although my mom departed once again this morning, this time to fly to Germany, I managed to occupy myself again tonight as I did not have anyone visiting me, which is rarely the case. I went to starbucks by myself as it is more comfortable to read my book there, in a nice, comfy chair rather than the hard, wooden stools that we have here at the station where I need a cushion to sit because otherwise it hurts.

And now it's time for me to say goodnight, after this oh-so-productive and affirmative day, even though it was a Monday, the day I usually dread the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment