Friday, December 14, 2012

Gaining Their Trust Slowly But Surely

The last three weekends, I had night-leave from Saturday to Sunday; yet I still needed to be here for a certain period of time. I was only allowed to leave Saturday after lunch as long as I was back for lunch the following day. Up until now, the doctors did not want me to have to deal with so many meals outside of the hospital just yet; as they thought it would be too overwhelming. They were right. It takes a lot of time and patience to get used to eating at home again; or better yet, not in the hospital - regardless of where I eat.

I have consecutively shown them that I can manage fine by eating meals outside as my weight has been progressively going up. Therefore, today at the doctors round, without my having to ask or argue whatsoever, the head doctor simply said that I would have a night-leave pass like everyone else this time - as it is the next step in my recovery process. I am allowed to leave tomorrow (Saturday) after breakfast and only have to return again on Sunday at 8 pm.

What I'll be doing exactly is still out in the open; I might be here for lunch, I might not. Who cares. 

All I care about is the fact that I have proven not only to myself but to the doctors as well, that everything is going uphill.

No comments:

Post a Comment